Do you feel sluggish and bloated? Are you tired a lot? Do you lack energy? If so, it could be because your diet is too acidic. According to Dr Stephan Domenig, these are signs and symptoms experienced by people who eat diets that are too acidic.
- Is your diet lacking in colorful vegetables? If so, it could be that your diet is too acidic, as colorful and nutrition packed vegetables like broccoli, beets, cucumber, and sweet potatoes are considered “alkaline forming” foods—that is, they promote alkalinity in the body.
- Is your diet lacking in fresh fruits? If so, it could be that your diet is too acidic! Many fresh fruits, such as bananas, watermelons, papayas, and even limes, are alkaline promoting and will help fight excess acidity in the body.
- Is your diet high in animal proteins? This is a common problem in the United States and other parts of the world. To put it plainly, we eat too much meat! If you eat a lot of beef, chicken, pork, fish, or lamb, it could be that your diet is too acidic because all of these foods promote acidity in the body!
- Is your diet high in processed foods? If so, it could be that your diet is too acidic because many processed foods promote acidity in the body.
- Do you drink a lot of coffee, sodas, or alcohol? These substances, while enjoyed by millions, are often key culprits in promoting acidity in the body. If you drink high amounts of any of these, you may find that you can drastically improve your health by simply reducing your intake of the these substances to minimal amounts.
- Do you eat quickly or late at night? Believe it or not, bad eating habits like eating very quickly or late at night can promote acidity in the body. They can also hinder your body’s ability to get nutrients from the food you eat. The best advice here: slow down when you eat, and don’t eat for at least 3 hours before bedtime.
The more of the above questions that you answer “yes” to, the more acidic your diet is. It’s possible that your diet is too acidic, and this could be affecting your health and day to day feelings of happiness and well-being. If you find that your diet is too acidic, don’t despair. It is not too late to change. Positive changes now can lead to positive results in your health, your weight, and the way you feel from day to day.